Unfair Consequences – Five Tips on Discovering Purpose
Life isn’t fair – but take heart. There are ways to discover your purpose and live your passion.
The consequences of our actions sometimes seem unfair. We think we’re doing the right thing; making accurate decisions and moving forward the best we know how – but the consequences surprise us. We question our choices and actions. We are unsure as to where to move next in our pursuit of career, happiness or purpose. Have you ever thought this thought? Some people have all the luck? Below you will find five tips on discovering your purpose so you don’t have to depend on luck.
You possibly don’t know their trials, their happiness level, their commitment stress or what motivates them. Try to look at the bright side of your life and dwell there; this is vital to your personal happiness. We make decisions every day and sometimes they come back to haunt us and rob us of our happy days.
Do you ever make decisions without doing your research? Do you think deeply about where your paths may lead?
Many of us would make very different choices than we did at an early age. People share with me that they might not have married the life partner they have now or that they might have had children earlier in life. Women share with me that they live with regret and disappointment, only because they were influenced to take actions that they were unsure of at the time. Individuals often state that they would choose a different career or get more education. There are those who also wish they had spent more time with family and friends.
Ask yourself these questions before making a life changing decision:
1. Will this new direction improve my life or the lives of others?
2. Am I thinking about my own truth and my own purpose? (What I really can and want to do?)
3. Has someone influenced me to make decisions that I would not have made on my own? (Do they have my best interest at heart?)
4. Have I weighed my options and realized that my abilities need more work or more information before I move forward?
5. Have I considered God’s path for my life? (Does He have a say?) If it is important to me, I must watch and listen until the right door opens while moving ahead in my thought process and considering where He wants me to shine most.
There is never a question as to whether we should be a light; we are to shine brightly in everything we say and do.
My mother often told me to be patient and not to get ahead of God. He leads. I must follow. I will tell you that often I have jumped ahead or thought I knew His will for me. I was trying to fit Him into my plans instead of fitting into His plans for me.
Be strong. Persevere – but know what you should be moving toward; your purpose, your passion. What are you good at consistently? Where does your heart lead you? Can you manage a trial period to see whether your ideas work for you?
Think. Prepare. Act.
Bloom every day, wherever you are, in every way! I love your comments and your shares!
Check out my first non-fiction book – Bloom Girl Bloom (Real Women with Real Answers) HERE – Print, downloads, Kindle