Ten things to say about gifts you don’t like…
10. Boy, if I had not recently shot up four sizes, that would’ve fit.
9. It would be a shame if the garbage man ever accidentally took this from me.
8. Perfect for wearing in the basement.
7. Well, well, well…
6. I really don’t deserve this.
5. Gosh, I hope this never catches fire!
4. I Love it, but I fear the jealousy it will inspire.
3. If the dog buries it, I’ll be furious!
2. Sadly, tomorrow I enter the federal witness protection program.
1. To think I got this the year I vowed to give all my gifts to charity.
Have you received gifts you didn’t like… at all? Looking back those stories become funny!
Christmas brings happiness, surprise gifts, along with stress; your days may go by too quickly as you prepare. A beautiful time of year is often reduced to the excitement of finding a parking spot at the mall. On-line shopping exists allowing more time for wrapping gifts, baking, decorating only to realize we didn’t enjoy each day. We didn’t laugh, relax and share. Are you exhausted at the thought of it all?
Living in the present – is the present you give yourself. Reaching out to others in need or during illness is a gift worth having the time to give. Enjoy each minute in order to know that your goals for tomorrow have foundations. Your path everyday will lead you to more wisdom, better decisions and gratitude for the days as they come.
We forget too often to be thankful, to appreciate, to savor people, places, things, ideas, giving and sharing.
My friends and I have to set dates ahead because we are all so busy. I look forward to our times together but must concentrate on each day in gratitude.
I am grateful for – Laughter, good health, positive people, friends who love to cook, giving gifts, beautiful ambiance of Christmas, and most of all, family and the reason for the season, Jesus (who loves you and me more than we realize). What a beautiful story – that nativity.
Have you read my non-fiction book? Bloom Girl Bloom (Real Women with Real Answers) HERE.