Open Your Mind – Not Your Mouth
We know people who speak everything they think; that is a dangerous way to live. No one likes a thoughtless comment that makes no sense. I had someone reply about a tragedy in my life, “You reap what you sow.” I could have punched her and I’m not violent.
I have never forgotten that moment or where I was and I will never forget her words.
When I see the woman I do not mention the incident from over thirty years ago, but I’d like to tell her what I think. The comment didn’t control me and I don’t know what she meant by that rude statement. I could never identify where she thought I had sown seeds that would reap tragedy in my family. Be very aware of your words; they are powerful beyond your comprehension.
Offer grace and care always.
In order not to alienate someone but to support them:
1. Think about what your words may sound like to someone else
2. Listen before you interrupt them so that you are clear about the subject
3. Do not laugh when the other person seems very serious – unless you know them well and realize they are being humorous
4. Take seriously what you speak because people remember for a very long time
5. You cannot take back what has come out of your mouth – it’s out there forever and in the mind of those who hear
6. Never jump at replying before you understand the story
7. Encourage others – instead of making discouraging remarks
8. Love them even when you don’t feel like it – practice, practice, practice
Join my email community. Subscribe now – I’d love to share with you. Be blessed beyond. bloom on….
Check out my non-fiction book – Bloom Girl Bloom (Real Women with Real Answers) HERE.
This book is to inspire you, to strength you, find keys to abundant life and read the quotes of women who you can identify with for a better, healthier, joyful life.
Please subscribe to my free monthly newsletter HERE. – Full of inspiration, smiles, tips, encouraging words, recipes, health ideas and much more.