Six (6) Reminders to Nurture Amazing Friendships
1. Listen quietly without interrupting, without judgment or correction
2. Smile with sincerity and share from your heart for real friendships; show love and gratitude
3. Reach out when nothing is expected and lend a hand or words of encouragement
4. Respect your friend’s wishes when they say a specific subject is off-limits – don’t go there, ever, unless she opens that door again.
5. Pray for and be considerate of your friendships and wish each one protection and happiness
6. Stand up and support your friends when they are down or when someone tries to degrade them – be fierce and loyal
A good friend will allow you to give your opinions and to respect you, even when they don’t totally agree with you.
Saying thank you may be the two hardest words that friends share. We like to see ourselves as independent and not needing anyone’s help. When a friend does something for us, it is difficult to humble ourselves by thanking them. Believe it or not, as strong as your need is to believe yourself independent, your friend may have an even stronger need to hear the words “thank you”. Your friend will appreciate that he is also a contributor to the friendship.
Bloom Girl Bloom – in every way, every day. Read my non-fiction book today. Download as low as $4.99 and more options available.
Tags: be encouraged care for friends encourage your friends encouraging words Friends friends forever Friendship Girlfriends giving God thanks Happiness inspiration for you inspiring words joy Women's lives